Monday, February 13, 2006

I heart Minneapolis - Part 4

So, I was going to have my chance to appear in Kangaroo court to appeal my $133 assessment re: rubbish in my yard. For more information on what life with Minneapolis inspections is likie, click

here

and

here


Anyway... I write a long appeal about the rubbish. I called 30+ times to clarify what rubbish needed to be removed, I can't simply go to my property and throw away that which obviously belongs to my tenant etc...

I get done writing, and realize that they did not inform me of the RFS number when they sent the assessment. The RFS number is necessary so that a government admin. can enter data into a computer (presumably an Imac, since this is Minneapolis), never to be seen again.

Perplexed, I again call the Inspections supervisor, Jack "if I weren't black, I'd be sucking Thunderbird out of a paper bag outside of the Downtown Walgreens and cussing at non-existent enemies, but thankfully I'm a minority and so I'm a highly sought-after commodity in a city run by an effete, incompetent dolt who is more concerned about fulfilling black/lesbian quotas than whether city employees, who suckle at the teet of taxpayers, such as one Kevin Sawyer, possess anything resembling a notion to care whether their jobs are done at a level commensurate with their pay grade" Allison, to inquire whether I must include a heretofore non-existent RFS number.

After a couple of days of non-response from the aforementioned, I call another city employee who, after 25 minutes of wrangling with a what-can't-be-that-difficult type computer system, manages to locate said RFS number. Finally, I triumphantly submit my a-a-forementioned appeal.

Tonight, I get a notice from the good folks at Minneapolis inspections. Seems my appeal wasn't postmarked on time.

All together now: THIS IS WHY I VOTE REPUBLICAN, PEOPLE!

Seriously, it's like Ray Nagin is in charge of this city...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Thom said...

Dude...I know hating all people who work for the government is part and parcel with voting Republican (yet, you speak positively of the top fat cat...weird)...but let the bitterness go.

It's all fine to be frustrated by the specific official or judge causing the grief...but to take it out on random government employees? Uncool. I've known plenty of people who input data and so on for the government. They were all educated...none were overpaid. You likely get paid better than a lot of them. I know I got paid better-and I make a pretty low income. Ripping on the nameless people who are trying to get by that way feeds the appearance that Republican voters are self righteous, selfish jerks.

You can do better. Vote Republican, that's fine. But take your frustration out on the deserving targets-take aim, don't just fire wildly HOPING you hit the target...leave that to Dick Cheney.

7:37 AM  
Blogger renee said...

there are plenty of white people who have jobs they suck at, too.

AND

this post is only the second instance i've seen of the use of the word "succubus." the first was by an unfortunate manager at my former job who wrote even more unfortunate poetry and had no idea what the word meant, which had humorous consequences...

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Renee,

Meant succubus to mean whorish demon, which isn't nice or fair. Will retract. Agreed, plenty of white government officials can't do their jobs either.

Retracting the comment named at the unnamed (though thoroughly unimpressive) city employee. my comments re: Mr. Allison stand.

9:46 AM  
Blogger That One Dude said...

That one guy has a really long title.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Thom said...

He has a big business card.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Thom said...

"my comments re: Mr. Allison stand."

Quite strongly. I bet Ted Kennedy could help the oppressed party here. He'll see the plight of Mr. Allison being attacked by this rough and tumble Republican.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

And then promptly drown him in a river in a drunken haze.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Thom said...

Now, now...that was only once...I am sure he has gotten better at hiding his indiscretions...

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home