Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What to think?

My Pastor recently forwarded to us an article by Brigitte Gabriel, the founder of "The American Congress For Truth."

In a nutshell, she experienced the horror of living as a Christian in Lebanon. As a result, she is decidedly unsanguine with respect to the "Islam is peace" stuff we here from the mainstream media.

Recently, I received an e-mail from my friend Jon. He forwarded a link regarding the Christian peacemaker Tom Fox, who was recently offed by some Muslims for being, well, not Muslim.

Accompanying the attachment was the following hypothesis:

" My guess is, shortly before being murdered, he finally understood who he was dealing with."

Mr. Fox was all about being pissed off at the barrier Israel put up to defend itself against, you know, people who are notoriously unfond of Israel's existence. He didn't think that was cool cause it was, like, totally unpeaceful. Now Mr. Fox is toast.

Mr. Fox reminds me of "Grizzly Man". This was a documentary about some cat who was so fond of bears that he lived amongst them, and campaigned vociferously on their behalf.

Then they ate him. Damn, unpeaceful bears.

Why do I bring this up? Look. Islam is a lie. Muslims believe a lie. They are, therefore, inherently delusional. That they are incapable of anything other than debauchery is understandable, and they are perfectly capable of being forgiven by Christ. But let's not sit around and pretend that Islam is okay, or that it is just like any other religion.

And let's certainly not acquiesce to the notion that there might be a grain of truth to it's teachings (which include, I stress, the imperative to eliminate Jews). Look, you can call Allah whatever you choose. I hereby invite Allah to commit a series of sex acts upon my person. I hereby invite Allah to commit said sex acts upon himself. What is the consequence for having said that (other than revealing my immaturity to the blogosphere?) Nothing. In the end, nothing at all. Allah does not exist. Mohammed did exist, and he was a murderous rapist who crafted an image of the former to serve his disturbed needs.

Let us stop pretending otherwise. Seriously...

5 Comments:

Blogger Jerad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

I disagree. He paid the ultimate price for a trendy political cause. He was a smidge mixed up, and it cost him his life. Sad story indeed (as was Grizzly dude's) but his work benefitted nothing, and I won't call him a martyr. He didn't die for Christ, he died for some politicized absraction of peace. Am I glad he's dead? Of course not. But I don't think he died for anything good.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jerad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Oh... The quotes were referring to the mission of the Christian Peacemaker team. Now I see why you're mad...

I'll delete them.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Jerad said...

Groovy! Thanks!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home