Thursday, June 01, 2006

Disturbing Roommate Conversation

So, the other day, my phone rings. It's Leroy. Here's how that went down.

Leroy: You'll never guess where I am.
Kevin: Um, at work?
Leroy: Nope. I've got mono... Takin' the week off.
Kevin: Well, you're not at home resting.
Leroy: You are completely right about that.
Kevin: How about we cut to the chase here?
Leroy: I am in Topeka.
Kevin: You are referring now to the moderately sized Kansas town.
Leroy: I'm at the sunflower festival.
Kevin: That sounds less than exhilirating.
Leroy: Yeah, my car broke down, too.
Kevin: This is turning into quite the predicament.
Leroy: I'm gonna need a ride.
Kevin: ....
Leroy: So, I'll see you in about 8 hours?
Kevin: Why don't you just fix your car?
Leroy: Well, hard to do that now.
Kevin: The car is unfixable.
Leroy: Yeah, and sold.
Kevin: Sold?
Leroy: How do you think I got tickets to the sunflower festival?
Kevin: How foolish of me.
Leroy: Yeah, I kinda bartered the old hunk of junk.
Kevin: I suppose it was on its last legs.
Leroy: That's why I took it to Kansas.
Kevin: Not sure the logic flows there. What the hell is the sunflower festival?
Leroy: It's a celebration.
Kevin: Of the sunflower, presumably.
Leroy: A highly cultural event, was how it was described to me.
Kevin: Significant, I'm sure. Is there some sort of band?
Leroy: Um. Pretty quiet right now.
Kevin: Quiet?
Leroy: Yeah, pretty much the only one here. Just me and the sunflowers.
Kevin: Did you trade your car for tickets to somebody's farm?
Leroy: I don't know if this qualifies as a "farm" per se...
Kevin: This is unsurprising, but depressing nonetheless.
Leroy: Still think I got an okay deal.
Kevin: Alright, I'll come and pick you up, and we can get your car back.
Leroy: Now you're starting to make some sense.
Kevin: That makes one of us.
Leroy: If you could grab me a couple of cheeseburgers on your way down. No pickles.
Kevin: I'll just be... Wait, you're car is right here.
Leroy: That stands to reason.
Kevin: Where is my car?
Leroy: You know, this is corn, not sunflowers.
Kevin: Where is my car?
Leroy: Topeka. I think we've established this.
Kevin: You traded my car?
Leroy: Are you asking me, or telling me?
Kevin: Dammit Leroy!
Leroy: ...
Leroy: You know, what the heck, have 'em throw pickles on there.

5 Comments:

Blogger mrs. r said...

oh, to be a fly on the wall of your house during your daily interactions. I can think of few things more amusing...I'm told that you and your roommate and his brother were quite entertaining at men's honoring time last week.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Yeah, Leon is funny when he is drowning.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Thom said...

Your car is on E-Bay now...well, some of it anyways...you want the link?

10:25 AM  
Anonymous its me!! said...

I hate sunflowers.

... and happiness.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home