Saturday, June 24, 2006

Today is the day

In roughly 15 hours, I will be married. I will become spiritually grafted to my bride.

I am the least prepared
the least deserving
the least capable

groom
that
has
ever
existed.

I can't sleep.
For fear
that tomorrow
will come
too soon

and

like a child
who forgot his lines
I will stutter

and fail
for the rest of my days

and then I listen
to the strains
of a sad film score

the sparcest strings
tapping confident notes
and happy tears

of God's
forever
song

So let me to it...
the altar
for his song

is mine and ours

5 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

You'll do just fine Kev! Yet in the event you should forget your lines and stutter, I'll fill the space by abruptly singing Alanis Morisette's "Ironic" to shift the awkwardness away from you. :)

Cheers!

9:09 AM  
Blogger j said...

Congratulations, Kevin and Khris!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous chuckles said...

morning after the wedding...

it was a good wedding. fun time, joyful celebration.

Kevin is such a good singer.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Thom said...

You did fine. It was a great ceremony and reception!

7:42 AM  
Blogger mrs. r said...

the wedding was beautiful, I'm pretty sure I told you that tho. Now here comes the marriage, but you've got plenty of resources to ensure success, just don't forget to use them....=)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home