Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wedding Vows

So, we're in the process of writing our wedding vows, and I think I've got it nailed down. Well, please let me know what you think.



By this ceremony
I do declare
My submission
And devotion

I take your mark
Like a jagged claw
ripping through the soul
of my independence

I will cling to you
like a shoe
sticks to day old urine
on the floor of the mens restroom

as ants are drawn
to the delicious scent of the queen
so I am,
a crazed, sex-deprived insect

as our hair turns gray
and the days turn into years
and you grow more unpleasant
I'll regret this decision

but I will stay true
because the Bible makes me
forever and ever
amen

If there are no suggestions, I pass this along to Khris...

4 Comments:

Blogger mrs. r said...

So these are her vows then, right? I'm inferring from the submission and devotion and losing independence part in the beginning. There's a tear in my eye, those words are so beautiful...

*dialing Khris's number to suggest she reconsider*

they're great Kev, just great....

12:45 PM  
Anonymous peter said...

There won't be a dry eye in the house for those, Kevin!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous b-nut said...

I was supposed to write vows to say in my cerimony...I didn't realize this until it came time for vows in my cerimony. As my wife said her vows I thought, gee...those sound rehersed, like she wrote them...and then it was my turn. I said, "uh, I didn't know we were supposed to write vows." Luckly for me we were not microphoned...sort of.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

That is awesome. Khris is flipping out because, apparently, we should have had party favors done months ago.

Who does party favors months in advance? People with an ant problem, that's who.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home