Wednesday, July 26, 2006

All is right with the world

This morning, I had to wake up early to go to work. Everything felt sort of, I dunno unsettled. A feeling of foreboding sat, like a cloud, over my morning coffee. Everything was just a little off, until I visited CNN.com to find his headline.

SHARKS TAKE NIPS FROM BARELY LIVING WHALE

And all is right with the world. I can live at ease, knowing that an all-powerful God is smiling down on some opportunistic-ass sharks, just doin' what sharks do... You know, taking little chunks out of living whales, without a care in the world.

This is what it's all about...

Sharks... Slowly devouring... The way God intended them to.

Also, Lance Bass is gay. Not sure if this is a related story or not.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Thom said...

Well, they were not related until this afternoon...I saw a CNBC newscrawler announcing that Lance Bass had been devoured by sharks.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

I tell you man, I am at peace. Sharks devouring gays and whales.

Love it.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Roger said...

What if the sharks were to devour a gay whale?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Roger,

What the hell are you talking about? This post was clearly an allegory about knee-jerk paternalism.

You are so obtuse.

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Roger said...

I prefer to think of myself as "well protected in the event of cranial trauma". See also "blockhead".

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Thom said...

You know…this shark story was not as great as the one from a year or two back where sharks spent weeks devouring a large whale carcass. People were taking boats out to pet the sharks (including several great whites). People even climbed out on to the dead whale and were shocked to find out a decomposing whale is really slippery.

The only disappointment? Nobody slid into the mouth of one of the sharks. That would have been priceless.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home