Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Wife Was Nearly Murdered

So... Last night, I go to catch a friend from Portland's band at Acadia.

(editors note: I had previously thought Acadia was some sort of sandwich shop, which it is, but it has a stage behind it. I had no idea, and I feel lame because I had no idea)

At any rate, I am on my way back from the gig (people in the know call them gigs, not shows... I am in the know) when my wife calls. Apparently someone called, apparently thinking she was someone else. Of course, this rates high among the top ten ways to freak women out, so she was, um, freaked out.

So I *69 the number, in hopes of enacting some revenge. Turns out the call was from the 504 area code, which is New Orleans.

GREAT NEWS! NEW ORLEANS HAS PHONE COVERAGE AGAIN!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Marty Grah said...

I know what she did last summer.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

You know about the Kabuki classes?

9:08 AM  
Blogger renee said...

ah, the acadia. my band used to play there once a month or so. they have the best black bean burger in the twin cities.

and we call them "shows" not "gigs" usually and my bandmate calls it "rehearsing," instead of "jamming"

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home