Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday Musings

Rare musings on Thursday! Grab popcorn! Find room for happiness! Let's roll...

As an American, I find it is helpful to condense the news as it unfolds, particulary when it comes to tricky matters of international policy. As such, I will simply assume that Benazir Bhutto was mauled to death by tigers at a zoo in the midst of a snowstorm.

-------------------

It appears my endorsement of John McCain carried some weight with primary voters. Since the endorsement, McCain has surged in the polls, and now sits just 6% behind frontrunner Rudy Giuliani. In related news I will be playing Rosencrantz in an upcoming production of Hamlet.

-------------------

My wife and I scored a number of gift certificates for Christmas this year. You know how they say that it's the thought that counts? Well, I admire the person who is thoughtful enough to say to themselves "Kevin is a man who likes to think for himself. I will buy him a gift certificate."

Also, we got approximately $70 worth of coffee. I harbor no ill will toward the beverage, and my wife did vote for John Kerry, but where did that come from? Are we "coffee people" all of a sudden? Is this an intervention by proxy?

------------------

On a related note, who made the rules as to what groceries can be gifts? Sausage and cheese is a gift basket staple. Coffee, cakes, coffee-cakes... All fair game. But buy someone a bag of Tostitos and watch the awkward silence emerge. Apples and oranges are all good, but don't you dare buy me potatoes or yams. Who is making the rules here?

------------------

Since when did it become cool to just have a wedding whenever? We've gone from weekends to Friday nights, to Friday dinner hour... I half expect to get an invitiation to a wedding held at 1:30 p.m. on a Tuesday. Just because it's your special little day doesn't mean you should want everyone to hate you. Just sayin'...

------------------

1 Comments:

Anonymous Roger said...

Tostidos would be an awesome present. So would Doritos or Fritos.

Any of the -itos family, really...

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home