Friday, March 21, 2008

Marital nihilism in the 21st century

Khris: Kevman make it in OK?

Kevin: I almost hit a pole.

Khris. That’s no good. I forgot I haven't spent my birthday money yet. I don't recall buying anything new for myself yet. I should still have my $100 to spend on me.

Kevin: I never spent my money either.

Khris: Yes you did. You went to movies and bought tennis shoes.


Kevin: I have $145 left, I think.


Khris: No, you got $100 for your birthday not $200. You bought shoes and went to at least three movies.


Kevin: It is tough to contend with these details. I think I have $200.


Khris: No! We each got $100 for our birthdays. The money I deposited included money for a gift for us together and that was the vaccum. I got $100 for my birthday. They would not give you more than me.


Kevin: That can’t be true. We never bought a vacuum.


Khris: I am getting it this weekend. My mom wrote the check out to me and I deposited in our account. I remeber what she said it was for - the amts broken down. I will ask her again today if you'd like. I am right.


Kevin: Sounds like shady accounting. Besides, I never saw any movies.


Khris: If you want me to dig up old movie tickets, you probably have them around the house. I am correct.


Kevin: I thought we were pooling our birthday money to buy a rare kitten.


Khris: As long as it’s not hairless.


Kevin: Didn’t you see Barack Obama’s speech? We are transcending hair, I think, as a nation. Can I have $6?


Khris: Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring you money. You also bought clothes.


Kevin: I don’t have any clothes.


Khris: You have some, but I agree you could use more.


Kevin: Now is the time for t-shirts with clowns on them!


Khris: What will your co-workers think?


Kevin: That I appreciate clowns ironically. So my hopes rest now with an apocryphal rabbit? Any chance he will bring me cave-aged cheese?


Khris: Depends on where the bunny shops.


Kevin: The rabbit is hellbound.


Khris: Calm down. the easter bunny is nice. He is no relation to the ones that eat your garden.

Kevin:



Khris: Now that's one scary rabbit.

Kevin: This is what I've been trying to tell you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Kris calls you Kevman?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

If she knows what's best for her.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Her name is Khris, by the way. It's not like you had to guess, here...

11:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I knew that- just typing too fast again....

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home