Tuesday, March 04, 2008

R.I.P. Brett Favre

Brett Favre (1969-2008)


As many of you know, Brett Favre succumbed to esophogeal cancer in his home on Monday Night. He was accompanied by friends and family. May he rest in peace.


(update: I am informed the Brett Favre remains alive and well. Why are half the people in my office wearing sackcloth and beating their thighs?)

(second update: I am informed the Brett Favre was famous for having been a star player on a professional football team that is popular locally, but has recently retired. I will provide details as I learn them.)


4 Comments:

Anonymous Thom said...

Retierment is death. Unless he goes into Sports Broadcasting. Then it is humiliation.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

He's probably already got a spot lined up in the next Ace Ventura movie.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Peter said...

Favre will lay in state at the 50 yard line of Lambeau field beginning at midnight tonight.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I actually left work to go home sick at 8:30 this morning, pretty much the exact time the story broke. Coincidence?

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home