Friday, April 11, 2008

Travelogue - Day 3-4

The thrilling Conclusion...

Reason #45 why I don’t have a flatscreen TV. There’s a nice big one in my hotel room, and I am just now turning it on. Thanks to Tivo (or, rather, it’s myriad generics) I no longer channel surf. I simply watch what I have recorded for myself. This TV has nothing recorded for me.

------------

If you really want to know what I’m doing at this conference, you can visit the media relations blog. Please don't leave comments.

------------

Trade show knick-knacks are absurd. I have a profound number of mints now. I won’t be able to pass a breathalyzer for weeks.

--------

You know what San Francisco doesn’t have? Sports bars. I have to walk all the way to Chinatown to catch the last half of the NCAA championship (because again, I refuse to simply watch it for free on the flat screen the hotel has provided me).

So I settle into this cozy underground bar, and am subsequently approached by a prostitute. OVERTIME!!!!

------------

For the game, not the prostitute. I leave the bar.

------------

While televised sports programming can be difficult to find in SF, It is infrequent to find a block in SF that does not have a sushi bar.

------------

Contrary to popular belief, San Francisco is a relatively trolley-free environment. Bob Saget is such a liar.

------------

Oh yeah, so the chocolate sauce. Turns out chocolate topping is on the list of banned substances, or at least the portion that exists solely in the imagination of a $8 per hour employee. So yeah, I lose my chocolate sauce. I should’ve wrapped it in a bomb so I could get it through. Seriously, good thing we got the government to be in charge of this. I feel so safe.

------------

The Kevman is back in Minnesota. Hide your babies. Seriously. Not from me, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Thom said...

Your (generically) TiVo'd shows will look much better on a flat screen high def TV.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home