Friday, May 02, 2008

Top Ten Fridays - Catch Phrases

Everyone loves me for my catch phrases. I use them to impress women and employers alike. How do I do it? I dunno, call it "The Big Cheese Within Me". See? There was another one... Here are ten of may favorites that you can steal.

10. Boom! - Whenever somebody is having a bad day, simply go up to them and yell this. They will appreciate the way you jolted them out of complacency. They will also laugh at the funny way the word sounds.

9. Catch you later, Harold. - What? You don't have any friends named Harold? That's the key to comedy! I am always catching people off guard with my comedic stylings. Harold? Is that Harry for short? When Harry Met Sally? WHHHATTT!!!

8. Squirrel time. - This is the perfect thing to say when someone introduces a bag of mixed nuts at a party. Everyone will appreciate the connection.

7. Can ya hafta? - I know, it makes no sense. Can you? Do you have to? It's sort of in the middle, but it is always great for lighting up the room.

6. Where's the Hoobastank? Kind of a play on "Where's the Beef?" which is also highly relevant to introduce into a conversation. This is one I like to use during those awful silences when everyone has decided to stop talking. It's perfect because then everyone can hear you.

5. All that with a chicken in a biscuit!!! - This one is for my "bruthas" out there. I like to use my "black voice" when I say this, which introduces an added element of humor, but also let's people know that I am not in any way racist.

4. You mama in a cheesestick! - See above, another great reference to salute our homies.

3. Slap mustard on that! - The perfect zinger whenever you're finished dressing down a person at a cocktail party. Really brings the point home, but let's everyone know it's all in good fun. For added effect, follow this by shouting byyyyyyaaaaaaatch and pretending to do a guitar solo. Sorry ladies, I'm married.

2. This patio party needs my broad sword! - Self-explanatory.

1. AAAAAAHHHHHH! - Nothing says wild and out of control like simply screaming at the top of your lungs. Every will be moved by your infectious energy, and will be much more likely to listen to your viewpoints.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Clint said...

"That's what she said!"

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Thom said...

I prefer a variation on Boom!

I prefer BOOM-Shakalaka. It doubles as sounding kind of urban and like a hip reference to an 80's classic.

10:40 AM  
Blogger TwisterMc said...

Stop, Squirrel time. Do do do do...

I could become a catchy Tune. You know, like when Disney takes a popular song and kid friendlies it.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous PDXjake said...

i will be using number 3 in all my conversations from now on.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home