Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Musings

Happenings afoot! Let's muse.





So my friend Peter had his house broken into and his car stolen. Of course, this is Minneapolis, so there is no hope of catching the perpetrators or retrieving his possessions. After all, here is the man we elected to be mayor of our city...




Gayest. Mayor. Ever.

------------

Those who know me know that I am decidedly unfond of rabbits. Specifically, I am unfond of rabbits that eat my garden. So I find a baby bunny munching away at my carrots. I am uncool with this. I trap the bunny into a corner and attempt a bunny-quietus scenario vis a vis a heavy brick.

No dice. I have bad aim, and hit the hindquarters. The bunny is maimed, but not killed, and flails about. While I have no compunction with respect to killing rabbits, I certainly take no joy in their suffering. The bunny regains his composure, and hides behind the tomatoes. I have ascertained that the bunny cannot, in fact, exit my garden.

It has grown (thanks, presumably to carrot consumption) and is trapped in the confines of our garden fence. How Dickensian. I left it some water this morning.

------------

I can't wait to have a baby.

------------

Hopeface McRace is at it again. At a campaign rally on Friday he announced “They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?”

This statement is ridiculous on several levels. First, Obama's supporters love Obama the way dogs love vomit. The idea that anyone (especially "they") would waste valuable time trying to get anyone (especially amongst Obama's cadre) to fear him is preposterous. And notice how is inexperienced gets thrown in a blender with the question of his name. To bother with trifling questions of qualifications is akin to mocking one's name. And what kind of idiot would do that?

Of course, "they" will be content to leave it to him to mention he's black, as he has done over and over and over and over and...

------------

Incidentally, has any presidential candidate in history spent more time anticipating attacks against him? Of course, the attacks he anticipates come from hypothetical strawmen. One wonders if he has the integrity or intelligence to contend with the real argument against his candidacy...

But if integrity and intelligence constituted virtues in the Democratic party, what use would they have for Barack Obama?

------------

Did I mention he's black?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Thom said...

Whose black?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

The guy who stole Peter's car. Oh, and Barack Obama.

Coincidence?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Roger said...

This presidential race will not be won by silly things like integrity, intelligence, and experience.

The smartest way to elect someone to the presidency is to use your emotions and belief in promises that the presidential position has no power to keep.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

You have never been more American than you are right now Roger.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Thom said...

Barack Obama stole Peter's car?! That's it...I'm voting for Ron Paul.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

You cannot vote for Ron Paul Thom. You are not a minority.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home