Wednesday, September 03, 2008

RNC - Day 2.13

Rudy Giuliani knows how to work a crowd... Into a frenzy.

If you're gonna roast a guy, it's good to have a New Yorker on your side. I mean, you know, a real one.

I think he has out red meated Fred Thompson here. What a badass. Here's hoping he finds a prominent place in McCain's cabinet. America needs him a hell of a lot more than Queen Rybak.

------------

I am greatly looking forward to Obama's answer to the Iraq question in the debates. If you thought he sounded like a babbling fool at Saddleback (and you would be right)... Here's one scientists bold prediction:

"Um, uh, well, uh, my opponent, you know, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, Iraq and, uh, you know, that's uh, uh, that's not, uh, uh, the American people, you know. When I go into, uh, you know, a, uh, situation, you know, uh, uh, and, you know, uh, uh, there's, there's Iraq and, I think, uh, you need to consider that. That's in the mix. So you know, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, both sides, you know, uh, uh, uh, on Iraq."

Suffice to say, it will be the rhetorical equivalent of voting "present".

------------

Watching MSNBC. Keith Oblermann tries to break into Giuliani's speech. I don't blame him. He is cut off, and the camera returns to Giuliani. My sentiments exactly. Shut up, you petulant prick. America's mayor is talking.

------------

I love the way New Yorkers add "R"s to words ending in vowels.

------------

Sarah Palin!!!! Best person ever!!! Amazing!!!!

------------

Bristol's hubby to be has that "hand caught in the cookie jar look". More than you bargained for, eh, son? Lesson learned: Don't have sex with governor's daughters in an election year.

------------

You know who doesn't look uncomfortable at all? Sarah Palin. So much for the Dan Quayle comparisons.

A bit much with the family introductions, but I've been saying that for both conventions. I don't care who your parents are, for either party.

------------

"It's like being a community organizer, but with actual responsibilities."

That's funny, and she delivered it well. To be fair, community organizers have responsibilities. It's just that Barack Obama probably didn't fulfill any of them. Real community organizers do things like, for example, organizing communities. Obama was simply incubating, all sexy and sorta black, until ripe for the national scene.

------------

"That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on ebay"

Is that true? Please tell me that's true.

------------

"We need American sources of resources."

Well, now the left has something to make fun of. Have fun with that one, folks.

------------

What's with the bizarre slide show of landmarks behind Palin? "Mount Rushmore exists! Go McCain".

------------

I honestly didn't expect the harsh tone. I like it, of course, but I didn't expect it. Let me predict Obama's response:

"Uh, well, you've got, uh, uh, Sarah Palin, and, uh, uh, that's not, you know, uh, uh, uh, what, you know, uh, Washington doesn't, you know, uh, uh, need, you know, uh, need, Sarah Palin is not, uh, uh, I think America wants, uh, you know, America wants to come together."

------------

This is a pitbull speech if ever there was one. She seems VERY much to be enjoying herself here. Frankly, I am beginning to worry if she'll be too tough on Joe Biden. I'm being a bit cute, but not that cute. Does anyone doubt now that she'll put her fist up his ass? And she's got fingernails!


------------

That's how you deliver under pressure. That was exquisitely ruthless, and was exquisite besides.

Game. On.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Thom said...

Hmmmm...
I liked Huckabee's speech. But I thought Romney and Guiliani were downright frightening the way they controlled the audience into a roaring Colosseum out for blood fill spectacle. Remember the comparison Ben Stein made to Obama and the furher? Guiliani and Romney didn't need an outdoor stadium to give such an appearance.

And frankly, when George Bush and Romney are pitching for you? Your "I am a Washington outsider!" claims will ring hollow to anyone who is not a dyed in the wool sold out Republican.

That said, Palin's "Obama Sucks" speech was pretty good.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Adam Omelianchuk said...

I was hoping for Romney or Pawlenty to get picked, but after watching Romney's speech I'm glad he didn't. Rudy, though, was merciless. Palin looked strong and impressive.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous peter said...

I was shocked by how good that speech was, and by how many times I laughed out loud listening to it. I honestly didn't expect that, but I was very impressed.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/12/13/alaska_governor_to_sell_predecessors_jet_on_ebay/

11:55 AM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Yeah, the ebay story is true. That is awesome.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home