Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday Musings

The day is young, but I am not. Let's roll.


I woke up this morning to find that ACORN had deposited 87 pro-Franken ballots under my pillow. I have filed an appeal to have the votes included in the final tally. It's true that most of the ballots are just slips of paper with a curly-haired stick figure drawn on them, but I must make sure the votes of Mickey Mouse and the seven year old down the street are counted. DEMOCRACYYYY!!!!

------------

Puke.

------------

Paid a visit to Chai's Thai over the weekend. It's fun, in a reminds-me-of-a-real-city-restaurant sort of way. The food is good (not Bahn or Ruam Mit good, but good), and very affordable. The best part? It's BYO for alcohol with no corkage fee. I would exchange half the bars in this city for that option.

Also, my Pad-Thai-only wife rates Chai's Pad Thai among the best in town. I thought they were a bit over-sauced, but she's the expert.

------------

So much for the conservative revolution. The only Republican running against John Boehner is fellow crap-eater Dan Lungren of California. I have a $1.25 restocking fee due with Blockbuster video. Can I have a bailout?

What a monumentally stupid country this has become.

------------

Open question: How did Africans figure out how to become pirates? It's pirate-mania over there. Do they wear eyepatches? That would be awfully endearing, though I'm sure the French will support them either way. Yarrrrgh....

------------

Seriously, though, damn pirates.

------------

Fantasy Football!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame the piracy on Johhny Depp and translation of "Pirates of the Caribbean" into African languages.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

You could have a sequel, where Depp runs into a time portal, and encounters a band of pirates led by Don Cheadle.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Jake O. said...

whatever the final verdict on acorn's efforts this election season, i for one hope they change their name... it's just odd when your acronym is the nut from an oak tree.

also, i'm currently perfect on my pre-election senate prediction of 7 pickups for the Ds: Merkley, Warner, Begich, Hagan, Shaheen, Udallx2). if franken ends up winning the recount, it will really screw up my political consulting fees for the next two years.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Thom said...

Anonymous is pretty close to the mark. They learned their pirating ways from bootleg Pirates of the Caribbean and Cutthroat Island DVDs.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Franken!!!! We're getting closer to that big 60! Don't worry chump, your team will get another crack at it-- in 30 to 40 years, I hope.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home