Monday, March 02, 2009

Robbinsdale Redemption

I'm not mad at Robbinsdale anymore. How could I be? Here's what went down. After penning my hysterical blog post, I shot an e-mail to Robbinsdale mayor Mike Holtz, voicing my frustrations, more or less verbatim.

So what does he do? He responds. Not only does he respond, but he gathers more information to forward to the city police chief. Apparently, the police chief knows what's up, cause he e-mails an apology, and offers to rescind my citation.

Has anyone seen (or, less likely, read) Les Miserables? You know that scene where Inspector Javert hangs himself? I'm a blogger. I'm supposed to hate city leadership. But yet, here is Mike Holtz, a Democrat no less, demonstrating competence. Not only competence, but something borderlining on compassion.

And then, I remember... Jean Valjean was a mayor. Perhaps Mike Holtz was once accused of stealing bread, but now lives to redeem others. Vengeance was his, and he gave me back my life.

Stars... In their multitude...


But yeah, sorry Hackenmueller's, El Toro and Aquarium store guy. You kinda got thrown under the bus on that one.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

that is an unexpected development. Sweet.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Javert jumps off a bridge and drowns, I believe. Does that change your redemptive story and your credulity as a blogger?

Probably not.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

And each in their season returns and returns... And is always the saaaaaaaaame...

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home