Thursday, March 12, 2009

Throwing Caution to the Wind

You know what? The hell with it, I'm renting Starman.



See, Jeff Bridges is an alien, and he doesn't understand our world. I find his adventures compelling, humorous and even poignant.



Also, this punchline is well worth 3 minutes of build up. I don't see how you could come to any other conclusion.



What? Um, no. I can't take out the trash. I have to watch Starman. I rented it already. It would be a waste of $2.95 if I don't watch Starman right now. And yes, I just might have nachos while I watch Starman. Seems reasonable to me...

In fact, if I am sufficiently moved by Jeff Bridges' plight and general selflessness w/r/t shiny orbs, I may be compelled to purchase the Starman/Close Encounters of the Third Kind two-pack on Amazon. I am pleased to see two similarly regarded films on the same discs.



I get free shipping if I add the Ghost Dad/Sophie's Choice and Casablanca/Two if by Sea packs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

Is this a commentary on the first 50 days of the Obama Administration? Say, did you hear about the latest two appointees - Vivek Kundra and Adolfo Carrion – who are starting to look like former appointees? Neither did I because Bristol Palin broke up with her fiancé.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous peter said...

If a Ghost Dad/Sophie's Choice 2-pack existed, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home