Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Anniversary party

As a blogger, I take pride in being on the bleeding edge of pop culture. With that in mind, I thought I'd be the first to commemorate the anniversary of a cinematic milestone.

Of course, I'm talking about the 20th anniversary of Tango and Cash.



I know, I know. It's a bit early. The film was released in late December in an attempt to ride some late season Oscar buzz. But hey, I don't want to be throwing just another "Tango and Cash" themed party in December. I learned that lesson two years ago with Witches of Eastwick, thank you very much.

What? You haven't seen Tango and Cash? Dude, it's about two cops who just can't stand each other, but unite in order to clear their name. I cannot envision a more compelling plot line. It was directed by Andrei Konchalovsky, director of Homer & Eddie, which came out the same year. Talk about a hot streak. Take that, Kubrick.

So this June, be ready to slick your hair back, don Harry Potter glasses in an attempt to distance yourself from past roles, and enjoy some Miller High Life as we pay homage. Afterward, we'll watch Double Indemnity, which I hear is pretty similar.

Taste the Tango!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home