Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An interview with Robert GIbbs

Every now and then, my blog affords me the opportunity to interview various newsmakers. Today, I am honored to introduce Robert Gibbs, spokesperson for Barack Obama. With out any further adieu, Robert, welcome to TPWK.

Robert: Um, I... Uh, uhhhhh, thank you....

TPWK: You're welcome. Now, and I want to dig right in here, the administration seems at a bit of a loss with regard to how to handle the closing of Guantanamo. Would you care to comment on...

Robert: I'm going to stop your right there, because, uh, it, uh... Uhhhhh... You know... Barack... Uhhhh, he has, you know, uhhhh.... There is always, you know...

TPWK: Wait, are you done answering?

Robert: Um, it's, complicated, so, you, uhh... It, uhhh. Where you are, uhhh...

(cell phone rings)

TPWK: Hold on, I have to take this.

Robert: Give me that... (throws cell phone against wall)

TPWK: Wait, what? My grandma's in the hospital.

Robert: I threw your cell phone. Now, I am powerful.

TPWK: Throwing a cell phone makes you feel powerful?

Robert: That, uh, well, you know... It.... Uhhhhh... Uhhhhhhh...

TPWK: Do you even know how to tie your own shoes?

Robert: Well, uh.... That's, uhhhh... We've got... Uhhhh...

Barack Obama: I'll take things from here, Bob.

TPWK: Wow, I did not expect this. Ladies and gentlemen, President Barack Obama!

Barack Obama: Yeah, I'm not... I'm not Rush Limbaugh...

TPWK: Hilarious. Now, maybe you can articulate for us what exactly your position on Gitmo is...

Barack Obama: Look, I'm the president. I, you know, I have to make decisions. And, you know, uh, with, you know, Guantanamo, I just want to let you know that, look, we need to keep our eye on the ball.

TPWK: Great, that's all the time we have for today. I'd like to thank Robert Gibbs and Barack Obama for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home