Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Musings

Hot Monday. Hot action. Hot musings. Let me tell ya'...

Suffice it to say I won't be recommending Brinkmann products any further.




This comes on the heels of my Dell projector shooting flames at me as I attempted to clean it. I must be in sin.

------------

Headline on CNN
: "Jesus-in-cheese-snack dubbed 'Cheesus'"

I click on the link, and the video ad begins "1 in 4 women can misread a traditional home pregnancy test".

I'm seeing a Venn diagram that looks pretty damn close to a circle, aren't you?

------------

At Notre Dame University, Barack Obama called for a vigorous debate on abortion. If "vigorous" means watching a grown woman become teary eyed and shout "women's rights!" before leaving a cafeteria table emboldened by nothing other than her own sanctimony, the students of Notre Dame need no urging, I would hazard to guess.

------------

Have you seen Let The Right One In, yet? No, you haven't, because you'd be thanking me in the comments section if you had.

------------

Food time.

Hit up Origami at Ridgedale for a snack whilst waiting for in-laws. I remain perplexed by Origami's scarcely-disputed reputation as the top sushi purveyor in the Twin Cities. Fuji-Ya and Nami are demonstrably superior. Saji-Ya and Midori's compare favorably. Wasabi is in the ballpark at half the price. Origami officially joins True Thai and The Sample Room on the list of restaurants by whose popularity I am perpetually baffles.

------------

The Red Stag supper club wins the award for best place to treat your parents. Populist recipes leveraging high quality ingredients, at just the right price point to let the in-laws know you're splurging on their behalf. Oh, and you can't help but be charmed by the room. Old-school sans irony. Comfortable without being divey.

We went Friday, and I enjoyed the fish fry.

------------

In Memoriam: The Derekwebb board. I've learned to love the Calvinists... The way one loves a Rottweiler. They're tough and unpredictable, and make often bad choices, but at least their not one of those sissy terriers who bark constantly. No points for guessing who the sissy terriers are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerad said...

I echo your take on Origami--never been to Ridgedale, but was not impressed by the downtown one. However, Wasabi is at the bottom of my list, right next to Sushi Tengo. Tops for quality of the dish and the experience: Koyi, Saji-Ya, Nami.

Quality mid-range: Sakura, Fuji-Ya, Kikugawa.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home