Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Throwing Caution to the Wind

You know what? Screw it, I'm renting King Ralph.



What, you haven't heard of it? It's a film about the pressures of royalty, like The Queen, but subtly different. King Ralph is John Goodman's most important work.

I wish John Goodman and Helen Mirren would finally collaborate on something.



I particularly enjoy this scene, in which the king is served a royal meal consisting of chicken, carrots and boiled potatoes. Clearly, a lot of research went into the presentation of a royal meal.

Note the taut dialogue and pitch-perfect accents:



See? I never understand why you won't watch King Ralph with me. I can't believe I voted for you for president. Jerk.

Sincerely,

Kingralphfan47

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Good golly Miss Molly! ....that's my favorite scene.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home