Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Musings - 31 Years Old Edition

I'm pumped to watch The Sing Off tonight on NBC!

Bet you never thought you'd read anything like that on this blog. Let's muse.

------------

Barack Obama is getting flack for suggesting he deserves a B+ for his work this year. I'm sure someone has made a grade inflation joke by this point, so I'll spare you the fits of non-laughter.

More interesting is that he pledged to augment his grade to an A- once the Senate passes health care reform. He can't quite give himself an 'A', just yet, not when so many people are without jobs.

Let's see. An A- is the equivalent of 90%, while an 'A' denotes a score of 93%. Glad to know that Obama is staking 3% of his overall performance on the question of employment. That certainly explains his policies.

------------

Celebrated my birthday this week, and it occurs to me that I have been blogging since I was 26 years old. I'd ask where the time went, but all I'd have to do is read the blog.

------------

The Tiger Woods incident marks an important transformation in our society. This is the first "scandal" for which the analysis of the media coverage of the event has outweighed the media coverage of the event. More people are discussing how uninterested they are in the whole ordeal than are discussing the ordeal itself.

We've officially gone meta. Thank you, Tiger Woods. Thank you.

------------

Had my birthday dinner at Heidi's, with rapturous results. The food was already the best in the city, but the front of the house (from service, to management to ambiance) has really elevated its game. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Go.

------------

Musing time is over. Why are you still looking at me?

5 Comments:

Anonymous peter said...

Give me more muse. Give me horsemuse. I need the muse.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday!

Anonymous

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Peter,
You need to give more muse. You're blog has been slacking lately.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Victoria said...

What did you think of the show last night?

9:24 AM  
Anonymous HMS said...

Kevin, while you're digesting, come take a shot at winning a share of BRK-B by designing for yourself a unitary citizen's account that only a conservative could love. If a conservative doesn't say or do it, it won't get conservatively said or done.

And, if you don't mind terribly, ask Sarah to check her comments and Fbook as well.

Happy 31

HMS

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home