Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Change of Heart

It has been more than a year since Toyota came into my life, and I was saved by zero. I am thankful for all the ways low, low financing on select new and used Toyota models has had a positive impact on my life.

Lately, however, I been re-examining what I believe about Toyota. The recent accelerator scandal has made me question how a good and loving auto manufacturer can let bad things happen.

But it's deeper than that.

Other automobile manufacturers have offered zero percent financing? My friends who drive Hondas are sincere and good people, and the really believe that this is their path. I have a friend who came out and told me he had bought a Saturn. You know what? He's still the same guy I grew up with. Nothing's going to change our friendship.

And it frustrates me to see Toyota owners, people who have been saved by zero, making a mockery of our faith in public.



Don't get me wrong. I still believe I am saved by zero. I just wonder why low, low financing has to divide our culture. We're seeing congressional hearings over hot button issues, while millions of people are still driving Chryslers, I wonder if we haven't maligned Toyota's plan for us.

In retrospect, maybe this wasn't worth leaving my wife over.

3 Comments:

Blogger Allebachs said...

Hey, what's wrong with Saturns? I just wish they hadn't been bought out. Oh and buying vehicles with cash is the real way to go. Don't be a slave to debt my brotha.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

There is nothing wrong with Saturns. That is a personal choice, and I support you either way. I also love that show tunes mixed tape you sent me. Not sure about the Avenue Q song, but otherwise, very cool, very cool. They sure have some talent.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Jerad said...

...and it's still funny. Thanks for writing a follow-up on the theme!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home