Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Post # 1,000 - Might as well cuss

During the Super Bowl, Jim Beam made the decision to run this ad.



Perfect. Here, we have an ethnic and, therefore, stupid woman declaring her willingness to accommodate the most vulgar of behavior.

I get it. Superbowl ads are meant to push boundaries. In fact, you could argue this is a commentary on the lack of accountability in advertising. Besides, we're not going to see it again.

Alas, I saw it again, tonight, during the NBA playoffs. Further, Jim Beam is promoting this ad on YouTube. Apparently, they believe in it.

Fair enough. Jim Beam's brand seems to be: Men should do whatever.

The "ideal" woman should know better than to judge your behavior. She should adopt a demure pose toward your infidelity and abject disrespect of her humanity. After all, that's what they do in the other booze commercials.

If that's what you're into, perhaps you are a fan of Jim Beam Whiskey. That's the idea right?

You know what I want in a woman? Integrity, intelligence, and the genuine attractiveness that comes from self-confidence.

As it happens, I married a woman who represents the ideals above. Apparently, I am to be pitied. I can't hang with the sort of troglodyte dolt who locates and secures insecure women for whom the fundamentals of the English language confound.

I married the women of MY dreams. By my lights, she is perfect.

In other words, go fuck yourself Jim Beam. I will never again purchase your product. Because I, um, how you say, have class.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

It's a lame ad, for sure. It's also over two and a half years old.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Adam Omelianchuk said...

Amen and amen.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

That it's 2.5 years old makes the whole thing worse. This is the one they are sticking with?

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home